Behind every song of the summer, feature film, or cartoon is a seasoned sound engineer. In this course, we’ll teach you how to record and produce pro-level sounds using Audacity audio editing software. From there, you can add effects to music and voice tracks, piece together multiple audio files for a layered sound, and learn the ins and outs of copyrighting your work. You can thank us later in your Grammy speech.
Learn How To:
- Become an Audacity software expert
- Create and edit audio
- Add fun effects to music and voice tracks
- Mix and master multitrack audio files
- Navigate copyright and intellectual property
What you’ll create:
- Your own portfolio of mixed-and-mastered music and voice tracks
- Audacity 2.0.5 (free download included)
- Students who begin between Aug 1 – Jan 31 are eligible for the Spring Showcase Event.
- Students who begin between Feb 1 – July 31 are eligible for the Fall Showcase Event.
- PC: Windows 7 or higher
- Mac: OSX 10.7 or higher