Did you know computers have their very own language? Instead of words, computers talk in numbers and short commands. When you master their language, you can make cool things like interactive games, mazes, and digital art come to life.
In this course, you’ll learn how to program using Scratch, the MIT Media Lab’s free programming-for-kids software, and how talk to computers — no robot voice required.
Learn How To:
- Program with MIT’s Scratch software
- Create spirograph drawings
- Design animated greeting cards
- Make a paint program
- Build a racing game
- Construct a maze adventure
What you’ll create:
- Your own games, interactive art, and geometric drawings
- Free Scratch account (access instructions included)
- Students who begin between Aug 1 – Jan 31 are eligible for the Spring Showcase Event.
- Students who begin between Feb 1 – July 31 are eligible for the Fall Showcase Event.
- PC: Windows 7 or higher
- Mac: OSX 10.7 or higher