*NEW for 2017-18*
Everyone is fascinated by drones. In this day and age, drones are becoming more and more relevant from videography to mail delivery and even private security! This class will teach you the skills you need to be a professional drone pilot, and maybe even make some money.
The course uses a Raven U45 drone. It has a built-in camera that takes photos and videos with a removable micro SD card.
What You’ll Learn and Create
- Learn about the laws governing drone flight
- Learn how to fly a drone safely
- Learn video editing skills using an online software
- Create your own drone videos with music, narration, and special effects
- Drone NOT included (Students will need their own drone that has a video camera attached.)
- WeVideo Power plan software required. ($5/month – separate purchase required.)
- Students who begin between Aug 1 – Jan 31 are eligible for the Spring Showcase Event.
- Students who begin between Feb 1 – July 31 are eligible for the Fall Showcase Event.
- PC: Windows 7 or higher
- Mac: OSX 10.7 or higher
Student Video Project:
- Watch a fun, 3-min video that one student created.