From cartoons on TV to animated feature films on the big screen, everything starts with a sketch. But how does a simple drawing turn into full-fledged animation? We’ll walk you through the process in this course on animation for kids, because a sketchbook doodle today can be something Pixar-worthy tomorrow.
Learn How To:
- Draw basic shapes and figures
- Turn drawings into computer images
- Use Meshmixer (an online sculpting program) to create 3D meshes
- Operate HUE (stop-motion animation software)
- Produce short stop-motion animation clips
What you’ll create:
- Animated images, 3D meshes, and short stop-motion clips
- View sample projects
- Wacom Intuos Draw Creative Pen Tablet (Typically about $70 on Amazon – separate purchase required)
- Sketchbook Express (software license included with Wacom tablet purchase)
- HUE Animation (software license fee included for individual students)
- Meshmixer (free download included)
- Students who begin between Aug 1 – Jan 31 are eligible for the Spring Showcase Event.
- Students who begin between Feb 1 – July 31 are eligible for the Fall Showcase Event.
- PC: Windows 7 or higher
- Mac: macOS 10.10 or higher