This course is designed to equip students with many of the needed computer skills to excel in a digital world. Students will be exposed to a broad range of technology concepts from basic computer hardware/software to computer systems, the Internet, and safe online habits. Students will also learn the basics of programming, algorithms, cyber security, and cryptography.
After taking this course you will have the foundational skills needed to troubleshoot basic computer problems, use Google Apps, and write your own computer code! This class is perfect for young beginners looking to get started in the digital world.
What You’ll Do:
- Create and use algorithms
- Learn how to use the Internet safely
- Learn the basics of cybersecurity
- Identify Computer hardware parts and what they do
- Program a simple video game
- Create blog posts, a personal budget, surveys, and presentations
- PC, Mac, Chromebook, or Netbook: Capable of running
- Google Chrome browser
- Gmail Account (with parent supervision)