These days, “artist” means way more than being a pro with a paintbrush or pottery wheel. Digital art can be found everywhere — from video games to movies to magazine ads. In this course on digital art for kids, you’ll learn the fundamentals of drawing using Inkscape software. From there, you can create realistic digital sketches and renderings. Unleash your inner Monet without the mess.
Learn How To:
- Draw shapes and forms with Inkscape software
- Apply value, space, and texture
- Develop patterns, repetition, and variety
- Practice movement, rhythm, proportion, and more
What you’ll create:
- Your own portfolio of realistic digital images
- View sample projects
- Inkscape 0.91 (free download included)
- Students who begin between Aug 1 – Jan 31 are eligible for the Spring Showcase Event.
- Students who begin between Feb 1 – July 31 are eligible for the Fall Showcase Event.
- PC: Windows 7 or higher
- Mac: OSX 10.7 or higher